Get A Private Pilots Licence
There has never been a better time to learn to fly. The reasons are many:
- There is a global shortage of professional pilots so if you gain a Private Pilots Licence now it could be the starting point for a long career in aviation.
- Flying is immense fun and an inspiration to those who complete the training. You will be joining the privileged club for those who see the world from the skies.
- Aircraft technology is evolving. We are on the threshold of a new generation of electrically powered aircraft that will make flying quieter and cheaper.
- There are many ways to fly. You can choose from all kinds of aircraft, from small ultralights and microlights to sleek modern aircraft like a Cirrus.
About Private Pilots Licence .org
This site is designed to be a source of inspiration and information for anyone considering learning to fly and those already in training or qualified. In this site you will find:
- A collection of videos with tips and advice about the process of learning to fly.
- A directory of Flying Clubs and Schools in the UK and all over the world. If you administer a club, school, or any other related organisation you can add a free listing along with some images.
- Suggestions for Flight Experience Days for you, or to give as a gift to inspire someone to fly. Don’t think about it – do it! Or give someone the gift of a lifetime. Choose from aerobatic, glider, microlight, helicopter, or vintage aircraft flights, or just take to the air in a conventional light aircraft.
- Videos showing aircraft in flight, shot both from the ground and with in-cockpit cameras. Select a category using the menu in the column on your left.
List your Aviation Business
Do you run a flying club/school or an airfield? Do you have any business that you’d like to bring to the attention of an aviation audience? You can list it for free in our directory. Please submit your listing here. Are you perhaps already listed in our directory? If you find your club or school in there please let us know and we’ll explain how you can keep it up to date.
We welcome contributions from guest authors/aviators who have articles they’d like to see published on a site like this. Simply contact us with your suggestion.
Keep in touch and spread the word
- Join our Facebook group – Private Pilot’s Licence – PPL And Beyond
- Join our mailing list – guaranteed spam free occasional mailshots that you will want to read
- Follow us on follow us on Twitter, Google+, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Please use the social bookmark links to tell others about us, or link to use from your own site or blog.
Click any of these titles to view a playlist of videos explaining options and providing advice.