If you need some tips for beating jet lag then listen to those who fly often. There’s no way to turn this around: jet lag is tough, and all pilots and flight attendants have been through it. From insomnia, exhaustion, dizziness and so many other more symptoms, jet lag can really get a grasp on your wellbeing and comfort.
Going through so many time zones on such short notice can be exhausting and make you dread long distance travelling. But there’s no need to get to this point because there are many valuable tricks on how to make sure you keep this jet lag far, far away from you.
If maybe you never got to understand what is there for you to do to keep yourself feeling good while moving along different time zones, there’s surely someone out there who have given it a lot of thought and trial: experienced aircrew members!!
- ✔ POWERFUL ENERGIZER - Meet AYO, premium light therapy glasses designed to provide short gentle blue light therapy exposure. Enhance energy levels and alertness while optimizing your natural body rhythm to your lifestyle without the need for energy drinks or caffeine pills. In as little as 20 minutes under the blue lights, you can feel energized, refreshed, and ready for that big meeting or a much deserved night out. Take charge of your natural energy with AYO!
- ✔ ALL NATURAL SLEEP IMPROVEMENT LIGHT - AYO’s sleeping aid light can help you improve your sleep quality within 14 days! With AYO, falling asleep and waking up feeling naturally refreshed is easy. Enjoy better quality sleep benefits of this natural sleep solution without depending on sleep aids such as pills, melatonin supplements, or medicine. Feel peaceful as you drift to sleep on your own again with AYO!
- ✔ JET LAG PREVENTION - This compact light therapy solution allows you to adapt to a new time zone up to 3 times faster making traveling smooth sailing from here on out. Based on your flight itinerary and user profile, the goAYO app uses proprietary algorithms to calculate the best time for you to use AYO as well as to avoid light, making international travel less stressful and more productive. Overcoming jet lag has never been easier or more convenient thanks to AYO!
- ✔ INNOVATIVE AND AWARD-WINNING TECHNOLOGY - The AYO wearable fits comfortably on your head with a frame similar to glasses or sunglasses. The AYO smart programs for Energy, Sleep and Travel are fully controlled by the goAYO App available for iOS and Android. One size fits all with dimensions of 6.1 x 2.6 x 0.9 in and a weight of 1.2 oz. Free Travel Case included to take AYO with you wherever you go! Optimize your biological rhythm with the science-based technology of AYO!
- ✔ PROVEN, SAFE, AND CERTIFIED – The AYO LED light glasses are a safe and natural way to optimize your body clock. The AYO technology is based on tested and well-proven light treatment solutions and industry standards. AYO is considered safe for the eyes, in accordance with international directives and is independently certified by TÜV Rheinland. Bluetooth 4.0 connection to goAYO app. Rechargeable Li-ion polymer battery with over 10,000 hours of estimated life.
Here is the most precious advice that the world’s most experienced jet lag fighters could give you!
1. Check Out Which Way Around the World You Are Flying
The first thing in efficiently addressing jet lag is knowing if you’re flying West or East. Studies have shown that it’s easier to adjust to flying west rather than east, so if East is your direction, make an effort in waking up as early as possible for the days before your flight and try to stay away from light as much as you can.
When you arrive, try to let as much light in – this will make your internal clock adjust faster. If instead you are heading west, you should do the opposite and try to stay as late as possible for the days before your flight and soak as much light as you can.
2. Exercise and Drink a lot of Water
The one thing all experienced aircrew members would advise you is to make sure you exercise and stay hydrated. Getting those endorphins up and running is the sure way to keep your body not only in a state of flow but also to make it abler to seek and restore its balance.
So the next time you’re getting ready for a long distance flight, try to keep a workout routine throughout the days before your trip but also try to stick to exercising at least for a short while after you land. Keeping your body active and hydrated are the basics for it to be as receptive and able to adjust to such intense changes.
- Oren, Dan A. (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 141 Pages - 12/01/1993 (Publication Date) - Henry Holt & Company Inc (Publisher)
3. Skip the Caffeine
This one is a tough one for many. You might even ask, wait, doesn’t caffeine help me stay awake when I need to? It does, but when your body is under such stressful changes, caffeine only brings more turmoil to your system.
If there’s anything you should much rather consider instead of simply resorting to caffeine and ending up with headaches and even stronger discomfort, is making friends with supplements such as synthetic melatonin. This hormone can really do wonders into resetting your body’s natural sleep cycle and help you adapt.
4. Don’t Forget Your Eye Mask
Aircrew members love eye masks, and the reason is a very simple one: when your body is confused about whether it’s time to sleep or not, you can simply push the switch button whenever you want. Another valuable insight?
Give in to sleep whenever you body craves for it, regardless of whether it sounds like a reasonable idea or not. Remember, your body is going through quite some rough patches with all the changes, so it’s only fair you give yourself time to process everything and sleep through the exhaustion. After all, your body does know best.
5. Keep Your Meal Timings
This one applies especially for short trips, as it assures that you won’t have to put your body through too many changes in such short notice.
If everything else changes around you and your inner clock is turned upside down, you can give your body some comfort by allowing it to stick to its normal meal timings, even if it means you’ll have to have lunch at midnight. This way, you won’t have to readjust to your body’s meal routine once you come back home.
When you’re just starting out in the aviation industry, jet lag can seem like a colossal challenge. But, with the right tips, you can learn how to beat it and stay fresh regardless of the time zones.
- ✔ SOOTHING BLEND - Our Neuro Night Complex is a soothing blend of 11 natural ingredients. Combining 5-HTP, Magnesium, L-Theanine, Montmorency Cherry, Biotin, Chamomile, Coconut Milk, Lemon Balm, Lavender Flower & Vitamin B12. Each ingredient has been carefully considered for their individual qualities. Vitamin B12 and Magnesium contribute to a reduction of tiredness and fatigue. Magnesium and Biotin also help to contribute to normal psychological function.
- ✔ MELATONIN ALTERNATIVE - Our unique formulation does not contain pure Melatonin. Melatonin sleeping pills are classified as high strength sleeping tablets and require a prescription in the UK. Our capsules do not contain pure Melatonin which when taken for long periods of time can have unwanted side-effects. We offer a balanced list of active ingredients plus Montmorency Cherry, a natural source of Melatonin.
- ✔ 50% MORE CAPSULES - We offer UNBEATABLE VALUE with 90 capsules per bottle which is on average 50% MORE than our competitors.Our proprietary complex is suitable for vegetarians and is free of allergens including gluten, wheat and lactose.
- ✔ TOTAL PEACE OF MIND WITH OUR UK MADE PRODUCT - All our products are made in the UK to GMP standards. We ensure all our products meet stringent EU legislation to maintain a high level of health and safety standards. We provide a genuine quality assurance which is fully supported by our 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back.
- ✔ PLATINUM RANGE NEXT LEVEL SUPPLEMENTATION - At Nu U Nutrition your health is important to us - we have taken supplements to the next level with the introduction of our Platinum Series. Our research and development team have spent over 12 months searching for the finest, most effective ingredients on the planet. Using evidence-based science and clinical studies we have created, at no expense spared, world class leading supplements with the most bioavailable formulations.