This site is designed to be a repository of articles, videos and other sources of information that would be of help and inspiration to anyone thinking of learning to fly aeroplanes, helicopters, gyrocopters, microlights or any other powered aircraft.
The content within this site has been compiled from various sources including information freely available online. Other sources include contributions from guest authors, associates, books and the personal experience of the site owner.
Privatepilotslicence.org is a website designed to encourage people of all ages and abilities to take up flying and to fly more often.
- To encourage and promote general aviation
- To encourage and promote a professional attitude to flying in an amateur sport
- To encourage individuals of all ages and abilities to fly
- To encourage pilots to fly more often and in a variety of aircraft
Resources to help you gain our Private Pilot’s Licence (PPL)
- Rod Machado’s 40-Hour Private Pilot eLearning Ground School
- Download Rod Machado’s free Flight Training And Ground School Syllabi
- Subscribe to the Aviation & Aerospace mailing list
- Join the PPL & Beyond Facebook Group
There has never been a better time to learn to fly
- Gain a Private Pilots Licence now and it could be the starting point for a long career in aviation.
- Flying is immense fun and hugely inspiring. There are many benefits; mentally, emotionally, socially.
- By obtaining your PPL you’ll be joining a club comprised of those who see the world from a different perspective.
- We are on the threshold of a new generation of electrically powered aircraft that will make flying quieter and cheaper.
- You can choose from all kinds of aircraft, from; microlights and gyrocopters to sleek modern aircraft like a Cirrus.
Pilot License or Pilot Licence?
Pilot License or Pilot Licence? It’s an Atlantic thing.
In the UK we say licence for the noun and license for the verb.
In the US they’re both license.