As well as the ground school books and other media there are several essential items needed by the student pilot. Pilot supplies range from mugs and watches to headsets and cockpit instruments.
Pooleys Flight Equipment
Pooleys is a name that is synonymous with aviation. They’ve been in the business of supplying equipment and textbooks to pilots and student aviators for over fifty years. Most of the Pooleys flight equipment is made in their own factory at Cranfield in Bedfordshire. Most people first see the name Pooleys on a knee-board, Flight Computer, or Flight Guide.
Pooleys Flight Guides
The Pooleys Flight Guides are published annually and contain invaluable information for pilots. Page by page they list each airfield and farm strip in the UK and Ireland and each entry contains a map of the location.
Together with the coordinates, radio frequencies, runway details, operational hours, landing fee rates, and instructions for arriving or departing aircraft they greatly assist pilots in flight planning, especially those who are visiting the airfield for the first time.
CRP Flight Computers
These circular slide-rules can be found in almost every aviator’s flight bag. They are used for making all kinds of navigational, weight & balance, and ongoing speed and distance calculations. It’s worth investing in one of the tutorial CD ROMs that supplement the device itself.
Although you will use this tool many times as a student there is a tendency among qualified pilots to rely upon electronic instruments, so it’s a good idea to have the tutorial disk as a useful revision tool as well as a study guide during training.
Flight Training Books
Written for pilots by pilots. Pooley provide a selection of the current publications for the PPL syllabus, many of which are co-authored by Dorothy Saul-Pooley.
Essential Pilot Supplies For Student Pilots
- Premium Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 24db for Hearing Protection
- Acoustic Foam Earcups with Stay-in-Place Wire Boom Mic
- On-Ear Volume Control with 3.5mm Port for MP3/ iPhone/ iPad/ Android Compatibility
- Sleek Look with Gold Plated Plugs
- 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty Included
- Officially licensed by the U.S. Air Force, the T.Flight U.S. Air Force Edition features an exclusive design inspired by real headsets worn by pilots
- Features 2"/50 mm drivers and a detachable, high-performance unidirectional noise-cancelling microphone
- The perfect combination of audio performance and comfort, with ear pad cushions crafted of memory foam and gel for effective passive sound isolation
- The T.Flight U.S. Air Force Edition headset also features an inline audio controller allowing the user to adjust and enable/disable the microphone
- The included interchangeable faceplates allow for optimal customization of the headset
- 🐯 Polarized sunglasses protect your eyes 👓 100% UV400 protective coating, blocking 100% harmful UVA and UVB rays. HD lenses bring you a natural and clear field of vision, perfectly protecting your eyes and restoring true colors, eliminating reflected and scattered light.
- 🐮 AL-MG alloy design 👧 Lightweight AL-MG alloy design-This pilot sunglasses is made of high-quality metal material, with spring hinges, all the details ensure that you use for a long time, the style is suitable for men and women.
- 🐨 Comfortable wearing experience 🚴The spring arm can be stretched by 10 degrees to ensure comfort and prevent falling, suitable for various face shapes. The ultra-light weight and the silicone nose pad make you feel comfortable and not feel his presence. The high-quality temple material makes it more scratch-resistant, durable and indestructible, and the high-strength anti-fracture resin lens can ensure the sunglasses Safety, it is a good choice for your travel.
- 🐧 Unique design, perfect gift for your loved one 🎁 stylish appearance, compact design will not look bulky, making it more suitable for high-end fashion accessories and daily wear, creating your exclusive wardrobe, exquisite The packaging is a wonderful and practical gift idea for friends and family! They can protect their eyes from harsh environmental factors and keep them safe, and people will think you have spent hundreds of dollars for this.
- 🐣 30-day refund 🔨 All FEIDU customers can enjoy 30-day refund. If the purchase is not satisfactory for any reason, you do not have any risk of trying, we will provide you with the best after-sales service!
- Many models
- orginal only from 4sold
- Quick delivery
- l UV 400 Protection Unisex
- Unisex style
- The most versatile and easy-to-use aviation flight computer for fast, accurate flight planning and calculations
- Pooleys CB-1 Pilots Kneeboard
- 3x Pilot Log Pads (Plogs), developed by 'Fly GA Flight Equipment'. Designed to assist PPL, LAPL & CPL aviation students, as well as experienced pilots, in flight preparations (checklists) under VFR conditions.
- Pilot log (Plog) pads fit into any aviation A5 Kneeboard, from any manufacturer
- Sufficient for use in the the Planning & Navigation legs of the EASA Private Pilot Licence (PPL) skills test
- Log Pads offer space for flight planning, radio frequencies and en-route notes. Approximately 50 sheets per logbook
- Includes a flight planning section, with space for writing notes en-route. Pads were built to the exact specifications of flight instructors & PPL students.
- Administration, Federal Aviation (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 137 Pages - 03/02/2019 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- Aeronautical Chart; Scale 1:500.000
- According to ICAO Annex 4; EU regulation; AIP
- Detailled display of airspace structure
- Reporting Points, Border Crossing Points
- Danger and Restricted Areas
- Hardcover Book
- English (Publication Language)
- 104 Pages - 03/08/2018 (Publication Date) - Aviation Supplies and Academics, Inc. (Publisher)
- Record flying hours and many other key details - such as flight times, landings, instrument approaches made, and simulator practices
- Contains approximately 120 pages printed onto high quality paper
- Large Logbook design offers extra visibility and more space for Pilots to write
- Bound by a durable hardback cover produced from faux black leather
- Confirms to air navigation order requirements set out by the CAA and EASA. Suitable for students undertaking the LAPL/PPL, as well as experienced Pilots
- Tassia Wheeled Pilot Case
- Large main compartment with filing section against one wall & padded laptop compartment Padded 15.6” laptop section features hook and loop closures closure retaining strap.
- Card & pen pockets on the underside of the lid. Side pockets with hook and loop closures closure on both sides. Large zipped pocket on front of the case, which opens fully round the sides allowing for maximum access, with additional small pocket on the front of that.
- Telescopic trolley extends by 60 cm. Two wheels and protective feet at the base of the case
- Dimensions 46 x 20 x 35 cm
- business suitcase
- combination locks, telescopic handle
- spacious main compartment, much compartments
- Two smooth-running rollers
- Weight: approx. 4, 4kg