As well as the ground school books and other media there are several essential items needed by the student pilot. Pilot supplies range from mugs and watches to headsets and cockpit instruments.
Pooleys Flight Equipment
Pooleys is a name that is synonymous with aviation. They’ve been in the business of supplying equipment and textbooks to pilots and student aviators for over fifty years. Most of the Pooleys flight equipment is made in their own factory at Cranfield in Bedfordshire. Most people first see the name Pooleys on a knee-board, Flight Computer, or Flight Guide.
Pooleys Flight Guides
The Pooleys Flight Guides are published annually and contain invaluable information for pilots. Page by page they list each airfield and farm strip in the UK and Ireland and each entry contains a map of the location.
Together with the coordinates, radio frequencies, runway details, operational hours, landing fee rates, and instructions for arriving or departing aircraft they greatly assist pilots in flight planning, especially those who are visiting the airfield for the first time.
CRP Flight Computers
These circular slide-rules can be found in almost every aviator’s flight bag. They are used for making all kinds of navigational, weight & balance, and ongoing speed and distance calculations. It’s worth investing in one of the tutorial CD ROMs that supplement the device itself.
Although you will use this tool many times as a student there is a tendency among qualified pilots to rely upon electronic instruments, so it’s a good idea to have the tutorial disk as a useful revision tool as well as a study guide during training.
Flight Training Books
Written for pilots by pilots. Pooley provide a selection of the current publications for the PPL syllabus, many of which are co-authored by Dorothy Saul-Pooley.
Essential Pilot Supplies For Student Pilots
- Extra protection for your headset thanks to the built-in protective frame
- A wide elastic pen holders or torches
- Large slip pocket for cards, landing leaves, timetable, etc.
- Two compartments with zip and a visit card slot write speed Ibhalt brackets
- Main compartment with Velcro fastener flexible your
- High quality headphones with a microphone can reduce noise.
- Three PTT easy to use, PTT finger makes the application wider.
- Double volume controls can meet different requirements.The double use of the microphone ensures clearer speech transmission.
- Metal and ABS shell material is more durable, both earphones with a sponge make them more comfortable to wear.
- Comfortable ear pads made of soft leather, clear and thorough speakers.
- 🐯 Polarized sunglasses protect your eyes 👓 100% UV400 protective coating, blocking 100% harmful UVA and UVB rays. HD lenses bring you a natural and clear field of vision, perfectly protecting your eyes and restoring true colors, eliminating reflected and scattered light.
- 🐮 AL-MG alloy design 👧 Lightweight AL-MG alloy design-This pilot sunglasses is made of high-quality metal material, with spring hinges, all the details ensure that you use for a long time, the style is suitable for men and women.
- 🐨 Comfortable wearing experience 🚴The spring arm can be stretched by 10 degrees to ensure comfort and prevent falling, suitable for various face shapes. The ultra-light weight and the silicone nose pad make you feel comfortable and not feel his presence. The high-quality temple material makes it more scratch-resistant, durable and indestructible, and the high-strength anti-fracture resin lens can ensure the sunglasses Safety, it is a good choice for your travel.
- 🐧 Unique design, perfect gift for your loved one 🎁 stylish appearance, compact design will not look bulky, making it more suitable for high-end fashion accessories and daily wear, creating your exclusive wardrobe, exquisite The packaging is a wonderful and practical gift idea for friends and family! They can protect their eyes from harsh environmental factors and keep them safe, and people will think you have spent hundreds of dollars for this.
- 🐣 30-day refund 🔨 All FEIDU customers can enjoy 30-day refund. If the purchase is not satisfactory for any reason, you do not have any risk of trying, we will provide you with the best after-sales service!
- Navigation calculator for calculating tasks during flight planning
- Calculation of e.g.: Speed, flight time, density
- Conversions of units of measurement
- Calculations of wind triangles
- Sixteen tools for calculating and converting in-flight measurements
- Works without an active network connection for cockpit-friendly use
- Bold, easy-to-read results
- Simple, clean interface designed for one-thumb operation
- Share App option lets you tell your friends via e-mail or SMS
- Military-style design, produced from black premium hard-wearing polyester fabric, and flexible plastic backing.
- Fits standard A5 Plogs (Pilot Log books), including our own version. The clear map strap keeps charts secure.
- 7 eyelets feature on one side of the kneeboard. These are useful for attaching checklists, printed approach plates, and folded maps.
- Highly secure velcro strap, accommodating all sized legs. Moulds perfectly around your thigh while flying.
- Includes 3x pen holders, a storage pocket, and signature embossed rubber FlyGA branding.
- Large size: measures 8.27 x 5.83 inches. Aluminum clipboard comes with an elastic strap.
- Double sided: VFR on one side and IFR on the other. Made of Durable plastic.
- Good summary of important information you need to know in an emergency. Good use of color to make it easy to find information.
- Great for student pilots and for exam prep.
- Designed by Certified Flight Instructor at OSEI LLC, the makers of The Crystal Mic Aviation Microphone
- Administration, Federal Aviation (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 137 Pages - 03/02/2019 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- Lankford, Terry T. (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 348 Pages - 11/12/2002 (Publication Date) - McGraw-Hill Professional (Publisher)
- Record flying hours and many other key details - such as flight times, landings, instrument approaches made, and simulator practices
- Contains approximately 120 pages printed onto high quality paper
- Large Logbook design offers extra visibility and more space for Pilots to write
- Bound by a durable hardback cover produced from faux black leather
- Confirms to air navigation order requirements set out by the CAA and EASA. Suitable for students undertaking the LAPL/PPL, as well as experienced Pilots
- Gosset, Frederic (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 121 Pages - 11/21/2020 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- This Tassia wheeled laptop trolley is very smart looking as it combines 1680D Nylon and leatherette accents. It is the perfect roller case for the on the go as a business suitcase with its padded laptop compartment and twin carry handles for carrying the laptop trolley bag when you cannot wheel it.
- Main compartment features a padded 15.6” laptop compartment on one wall and lockable zips. The other wall features an additional padded compartment and 2 half-width pockets. Large, second, zipped compartment suitable for stowage with hook and loop closures, side restraints allowing you to both access while on the go and open fully to 180 degrees when necessary to pack. Zipped pocket on the rear of the case.
- Full width zipped pocket on the front of the wheeled laptop case. Additional zipped pocket on the front of the case features an organiser section; featuring card pen and media pockets.
- Twin carry handles for easy manoeuvrability of the business case on wheels. Two strong corner wheels and curb protector. Telescopic trolley extends 61cm and can be concealed in zipped case.
- Dimensions of the wheeled laptop case are: 42 x 38.5 x 20 cm, volume: 28 Litres. This makes our wheeled laptop bag the perfect compact luggage for your next trip.
- Made of durable 1680 nylon
- Phone pocket and pens holder
- Trolley mount
- Headset compartment